Hi everyone! I know I really need to update more often, but I'm trying for at least once a week right now. I just feel like I don't have anything to say that takes up a whole blog post which is why I like Five Things Friday! Then I can include everything at once and it each gets it's own little mention.
1. Cupid's Undie Run! This is February 15th in Charleston, and many other cities across the country. It's about a 1.5 mile run in your undies! I need to pick up something cute and not too revealing to wear. It's raising money for Children's Tumor Foundation. I promise I'm only this crazy for a good cause! If you happen to want to donate you can donate here. I don't have a fundraising goal or requirement or anything, I just happen to think it's a great cause! While there are incentives if you reach certain amounts, I don't think I'll get to any, so don't worry about that if you see it on the page!
2. My first half marathon!!! This is on next Saturday, February 1st. I'm terrified because I feel like I'm completely undertrained, but also pretty excited! It's for the Critz Tybee Run Fest. They have a 5k Friday night, and then Saturday morning has (in order) a 10k, the half marathon, a 2.8 mile beach run, and a 1 mile run. If you do all of the events, it equals a full marathon! They also have a kid's fun run, but I'm not sure which day. I was planning on doing all of the events but then got wayyyy behind in my training, so I'm doing the 5k and the half now. I'm a little bit disappointed, and was going to try for all of them, but I don't want to put myself out of commission because...
3. Princess Half Marathon! It's less than a month away and I am more than excited! I think it's going to be an absolutely wonderful event, and I feel like I'll be able to stay away from the balloon ladies this time. Plus, I'll be able to see Rachel, who I met at Tower of Terror, and meet so many lovely bloggers I follow through the #runnerslove meet-up that Meg and Kristy are putting on! I'm so so excited for this.
4. School! I've had two weeks of school now and all of my classes are great. There's a lot of discussions in all of them instead of just straight lecture, which I love, since everyone has different experiences and backgrounds. It's great to hear different perspectives. Plus, in one of my classes we have to (I say get to!) do 30 hours of field experience. We aren't student teaching or anything, but we get to observe in the classroom and start to work with kids. I love that we get to do this in an intro level course!
5. Moving! I get to move in May! My boyfriend and I are moving in with our friend who just got home from the Marines a couple weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I love my roommate and our apartment now (especially being a mile from school). Buuuut, I'm always excited for a new adventure, and the new apartment will be bigger, and have storage space, and is nicer, and more centrally located. Wow, that was a run on sentence!
I have a lot to be excited about lately! What about you?