Oh yes, hi little blog, I am still alive! It's been quite a time this year. Lots has happened. I'll share more about this in another post. I promise I'll try to blog more frequently! Someone should text me daily reminders that I have a blog ;)
April from Run the Great Wide Somewhere, Patty from My No Guilt Life, and Erika from MCM Mama Runs host Tuesdays on the Run. This week's topic is Goal Check In's from "New Year's Resolutions" made in January. Since we're halfway through the year this is a great time to do so. Except...I realized I'd never posted a list of goals in January.
Therefore, I'm going to made Mid-Year's Resolutions instead of New Year's.
1. Lose weight. Yes, this is always a big one. Yes, I've been losing weight. But I've also been putting it back on. So I guess this goal is really lose weight and keep it off. I'm not sure exactly where I am now. Probably somewhere between 155 and 160. I'd like to be around 140 by the end of the year.
2. Exercise regularly. Ideally, I'd like to work out 6 days a week in various forms, but that's probably not likely. So for now, we'll say an average of running, yoga, and weight training at least once a week. Hopefully with a goal lower than what I actually want, I can attain it.
3. Look into getting certified. I really want to become certified as a personal trainer and/or nutritionist. I never looked into this before due to my ex telling me no one would want an overweight trainer or nutritionist...Now I want to actually look into it, get info on programs, and start saving money to do it.
4. Get a new PR running. I'd be happy with any PR, but preferably something in a 5k or longer.
5. Read at least three books that aren't related to school. I generally let school consume me, and only read related to that. When I'm not in school, I'm generally just on the internet. I need to start being productive and using my free time more wisely.
Any tips on achieving these goals? Do you ever make mid-year goals?