Saturday, February 6, 2016

Saturday Summary (1/30 through 2/5)

This past week has been my first full week of student teaching - no days off of school, no internship meetings to go to at college, just a full 40+ hour week of being with 6th graders.

Overall, I feel pretty good about this week.  My nutrition was completely off point because I didn't prep things and I didn't prepare foods ahead of time to bring with me.  This will be a major change for next week so I'm ready to go and don't eat lots of junk!  I'm trying to figure out easy lunches to make ahead and bring with me other than salads, and that don't require being heated up.  If you have any, let me know!

I've also been in FitBit walking competitions with other teachers, so that's been motivating me to walk around a lot more during the day.  Granted, I think our kids hate us for walking in circles as they work but at least we're getting steps in!

Saturday 1/30 - This was a complete and utter rest day.  I did nothing.  I accomplished nothing.  It was fantastic.  822 steps - I didn't even hit one thousand!

Sunday 1/31 - I don't really remember much of Sunday, honestly.  I think I folded laundry.  We went to Will's grandparent's for dinner - homemade pizza!  I got 2328 steps.

Monday 2/1 - Crush Arm day!  I hadn't done arms in a minute and had noodle arms the next couple days.  It felt good! 10,054 steps for the day, so clearly I was running in place at bedtime to get to my goal!



Tuesday 2/2 - Tuesday I went on a 4-ish mile run on the dreadmill.  They're such boring miles, but our weather has been so unpredictable lately and it was easier to just stay inside! 15,716 steps.

Wednesday 2/3 - Crush Heat.  It was difficult, but I pushed through.  Not my best effort, but at least I did it.  We went to my parents for dinner and I started to feel a sore throat coming in.  14,951 steps.



Thursday 2/4 - Went to Urgent Care after school due to feeling AWFUL.  Got put on antibiotics.  Tested negative for strep and mono, but could technically still have strep as it can take 48 hours to test positive.  Picked up my packet and rested.  11,948 steps.

Friday 2/5 - Tybee Run Fest 5k.  Finished unofficially in 39:10.  I was super angry because it meant I missed my PR by about 20 seconds, but at least I know I have more in me next time! 23,120 steps.



This week will include trying to get on track with half marathon training.  I have the Publix Women's Half Marathon on April 2nd, and I want to finish feeling strong and like I had been prepared for it.  I also want to stay on top of eating right and preparing food!

How has your week been?

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment