Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Feeling Good About Running

Last night my boyfriend and I went to the gym, once he got home from work.  It was the first time we've gone since we signed up, but I didn't feel too bad since we have free membership with the rent on our apartment.  It feels weird to go to the gym inside of a mall, but it's close and 24/7!

I wore my Belle shirt from Raw Threads (I'm being Belle for the Princess Half), since I just got it.  I love the shirt!  It's light and does enough sweat-wicking to get the job done, but doesn't leave me with chills.

The before, of course =)
I was going to warm up for 5 minutes walking at 3.5 mph, then alternate 2 minutes of 5 mph running and 3.5 mph walking.  Well I got to my 2 minutes of running, and I felt great! A 12 minute mile pace didn't seem nearly as fast as it normally does.  So of course, I had to test it.  I made a mental note of how far I'd gone and how long I'd been running.  I told myself "You just have to run 12 miles at this pace, make sure it goes a mile, then you can walk."  I ended up running 20 minutes straight!  I've never done that before in my life.  It was a great feeling.  Last time I ran I was having really bad foot and excruciating hip pains.  This time my foot was pain free, and hip just slightly sore (worse when I started walking).

I'm excited about running again!

I think part of this was also from Spirit of the Marathon.  My boyfriend and I saw the new one in theaters, and I absolutely loved it.  It makes me wish I had the money and physical ability to go to Rome and run a marathon!  Italy is at the top of my list of places I want to go (that I've never been before).  It would be so amazing...but alas, just another dream.  The next night I watched the first one on Netflix, and it was equally as amazing.  I like that they don't just focus on the elite runners, but also new marathon runners.  It's nice to see "normal" people doing the impossible!

Overall, I just feel really good about running right now.

Has anyone ever had a re-awakening like that?

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment