Wednesday, June 5, 2013

National Running Day

Well, as I'm sure most of you know, today is National Running Day.  It's also my 21st birthday!  I knew I wouldn't be able to run far today because it was busy, but I wanted to do 2.1 miles to celebrate.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy.  I started out just fine, but it's Georgia.  And it stormed just beforehand.  So it basically felt like I was breathing water.  But whatever, I decided I'd just take liberal walk breaks.  And then I got to around .7 miles and heard thunder! With a completely gray sky, I knew it was likely to storm again, so I turned around so I'd be closer to home.  (Add in - I just found out we're under tropical storm watch :/ )

By this point I was sticky all over and burning up, but I still wanted to make it to 2.1.  I ran until I hit a mile (under my usual 5k pace and I didn't feel like I was pushing too hard! that made me happy) then walked the majority of the way until that.  There's a circle off the circle of the road my parent's house is on, so I went around both, then around my parent's street another 1/2 time to hit my mileage. Definitely not the best run, but at least I got outside!

On the way home

On the bridge where I heard thunder

The other side
Hopefully your runs when better than mine; I'm just happy I got outside!  Any stories?

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment