Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia host Friday Five, and this week is all about Race Rituals!
I was thinking about this as I was reading over some of the other posts, and it's hard to think about any big things that I do. However, there are some very small things that are very important to me!
1. Eat a Luna bar. I find these are light enough that I don't have stomach issues, but keep my hunger satisfied. Any kind seems to work for me, but I much prefer Peppermint Stick.
2. Flat Me. I always lay out everything I'm going to wear the next day. And then double, possibly triple check it. And then panic that I'm still forgetting something.
3. A kiss! I always ALWAYS need a kiss from my boyfriend, especially if I'm running without him. For some reason it just makes everything right. I don't think he knows this is a ritual, so shhhhh.
4. Leave late. No matter how hard I try to leave on time, I always end up leaving at least 5 minutes late, and then panicking the whole way to the race. I haven't been late yet, but there are some where I've had barely any time to spare. This is probably a ritual I should change...
5. Drink beer. I always drink beer after a race, even if it's just a sip. This is also basically the only time I drink beer, so it is actually something special!
Do you have any race rituals? Link up if you do!